Providing Access for All is an essential part of what we do, and our mission as a theatre. We want to welcome all theatre-goers and hope to provide a more extensive range of services as part of future fundraising efforts.
For patrons with disabilities concessions are available.
For any patrons with mobility issues we recommend sitting in the stalls as there is level access from the main entrance with no steps. The circle is approached by two staircases and each row of seats in the circle is stepped.
- There are 4 wheelchair spaces in the Main House and 2 for Foyer Productions.
- There is a ramp giving wheelchair access to the main entrance.
- There is an accessible toilet in the Foyer.
- There is level access from the main entrance to the foyer and stalls with no steps.
- Please be aware there is no wheelchair access to the circle
Hearing Assistance Systems
- A radio-based hearing aid system is available in the stalls area of the Main House.
Signed and Captioned Performances
- Guide dogs are welcome, and we can provide a 'dogsitting service'. Water bowls are available. We recommend booking seats on the front row of the Stalls or isle seats on the High Side of the Stalls if you wish to keep your guide dog with you during the performance.
- We cannot currently provide audio described, signed or captioned performances although we hope to be able to do this in the future. It’s all part of our fundraising efforts to improve the Hippodrome. You can find out more about our fundraising efforts on the Operation Hippodrome page.
For further information you can e-mail email@example.com